Monday 12 January 2009

Never too old


I don't think I've ever had so much fun trying on clothes as today! I wish I had had more time, which in reality means that I would've still been there now. And that I really should've checked the address much earlier than I did and not started mopping the floor, just before I needed to leave.
It also would have been good to allow more time for parking.
Since I didn't do the above coulda-shoulda-woulda, I was late. I hate being late.
The fabulously friendly Jenny Packham welcomed me and introduced me to her very sweet intern Lucy, who led me to their room of treasures.
It was beyond kid-in-candy-shop fantastic.
Did I have anything special in mind? Any colour? Any shape...? How about anything at all?
I tried on dresses for a solid 90 minutes and I had to tear myself away to pick up Second Daughter to take her to ballet. I toyed with the thought of calling another mother to shepherd her, but curbed my selfishness. There were just so many glorious pieces of art and wearing them... it's indescribable. Dresses like that just make you feel like a goddess, and not of the domestic variety. Especially one, which was made from yards and yards of softly shimmering ash-pink silk and had I been 3 inches taller... Oh man!
I left the offices with two gowns: one that makes me think of 70s summer in Morocco crossed with Manhattan, and one golden shimmering black chiffon dress with the thinnest straps ever seen, as well as three cocktail dresses. One more beautiful than the next. A pink chiffon dress that was so impossibly flattering and made me want to skip. Next, a blue, skimpy thing with two thick gold ropes criss crossed in the back, a handkerchief hem and tiny golden studs arranged in a flower pattern. Last but not least, an incredibly heavy sequined dress in gold and black/brown/grey, with a subtle deco pattern that makes for some serious glamour.
The camera is being charged so I don't have to contort in front of PhotoBooth tomorrow.
The dress above is from the Spring/Summer 09 Collection.
Thank you Jenny, I hope I do them justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment