Friday 9 January 2009

Feels like 25°F


I love American weather reports. They will tell you the temperature and then how it feels. I suppose it's the wind chill factor they mean, but it still strikes me as funny every time. Right now in Washington it's Clear and 28°F, feels like 16°F.
In London it's Clear and 0°C. I can tell you it felt pretty cold on the Heath at 8am, but as the Practical Swede I am, proper clothes were worn.
They tell us to bring warm shoes and clothes "for standing outside". It's not specified for how long and can they possibly have a dress code for Parade Watching? I shall bring long johns and fleece jackets and my Timberland boots, as well as digging out a proper pair of gloves, instead of the ones that came with an recent issue of Easy Living.
I also wonder: does it ever feel warmer than the actual temperature?

2 comments:

  1. Sure does :) When it gets humid here in the summer the temperature is given with "humidex" as well... we often have humidex of 40+ degrees celsius when the actual temperature is in the mid thirties.
    /Jeanette in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I guess it's just here we just have to figure out by ourselves how it feels!

    ReplyDelete