Tuesday 20 January 2009

Bi-Partisan Dinner

Tonight's event were the bi-partisan dinner and our particular one was in honour of General Colin Powell, a truly remarkable man.
Even more remarkable were the fact that he was there and spoke. And Joe Biden. Again. Twice in a day... !
And then came Obama. And spoke. About Colin Powell.
We were in the same room and it's totally unreal.
Tomorrow he will be on those steps and with his hand on Lincoln's bible, will be sworn in as the 44th president.
And we've been in the same room!
There were a bunch of people there, of course... Tom Hanks and that-little-guy-from-West Wing who I recognized, plus a bunch of political celebs that I know by face but not by name.
I wore the black Jenny Packham and got a lot of compliments - even got the name out in the ladies, where there was a lot of comparisons happening. I was a little nervous about stepping on the hem and ruining the dress, but I made it back to the hotel without incident.

Sorry that there are no pics today - we have technincal issues, but as soon as we're back in London, they will be added.

Early day tomorrow. We need to leave the hotel at 8.30 for an hour long walk to the Memorial and then I think the ceremony starts at 11.30. And just after noon tomorrow, Bush is moving out!
And I still don't have mittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment