Sunday 11 January 2009

Does Michelle support PETA?



I realize that all that standing around outside will call for not only warm boots (check) and gloves (still working on that) but a coat. I don't have one of those either, or at lest not one that can be worn outside the playground with the excuse that "at least it's practical".
My mother is coming to stay with the children and being Of That Generation she wears fur coats. They are all From That Time, i. e. the early eighties, so the animals that gave up their life for them and their progeny would pretty much be dust by now. I have no real beef with fur coats, especially if the animal in question is a sheep or even a farmed mink but I do realize that there is a lot of people who do mind.
Anyway. She offered to bring one of the old coats so I wouldn't freeze. She is after all my mother and cares about my well being. It is tempting, as I know how cozy they are, but I think I'll see what the current climate in DC is regarding wearing fur. For example if the First Lady is a prominent supporter of PETA.

No comments:

Post a Comment