Sunday 18 January 2009

Joy

We're at the IFC Welcome Breakfast and the joy is on the faces.
"Everybody's so nice!" says one woman from Wisconsin at our table.
"They were even nice at the airport!"
The Dartmouth College Gospel Choir are singing about a brand new day
with BeBe Winans and there are tears being dried off. Or not.
As the total sap I am, I'm glad my doctor told me not to wear make up,
as it would've been long gone by now.

Senator Dick Durbin (S-IL) spoke of the bloodless battle of power and
of a week of healing. It's easy to believe it'll last, however unlikely.

The audience is diverse in age, race and dress sence but we're all
wearing really warm boots for this afternoon's concert! I can also
tell you that BeBe is wearing a wine coloured velvet suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment