Saturday 10 January 2009

Needful things


It's Credit Crunch, January and I don't have an income, which means that needful things are very few.
Really.
Yesterday I did not buy a new silicone shell for my iPhone. I did not get that really nice and warm scarf and hat, not the warm socks (I have 4 pairs - that really is enough) or the pretty cuff which would look great with the dress. Neither did I get Fairy, ketchup or onions because I forgot and swimming was about to start.
What I did do, during the 25 minutes that Eldest Daughter's swimming lesson lasted, was to have my legs waxed, as they had a special: 25% off.
Now, that's a bargain, and sort of needful.
The embarrassing part is that I was in so much of a hurry to get Child out of pool, that I forgot to pay.
That can either be a way of getting a little bit of extra interest on my unearned cash, or just a hint that my Friday afternoon routine need a little tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment